1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Why Scag's V-Ride scares me.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by HenryB, Mar 22, 2013.

1. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

7 to 12 acres is a different story. I would have to fall back on a minimum of a 60" ztr. I'm not that stupid or stubborn. My main reason for walk behinds and standers is because of severe back pain and compression injury and having had lumbar surgery. Riding beats the crap out of a person vs standing. It's a matter of physics so don't tell me it's not lol. I mow two 5 acre properties with the 52 vride with no problem.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

IMO a stander can not replace a WB on hills yet, not here in NH at least. I did extensive testing on efficientcy between WB's, stander's and ZTR's. The stander was always more efficient than the WB(except hills). The stander was also more efficient than the ZTR up to a 1/2 acre. After a 1/2 acre the ZTR was more efficient by far.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

Well them it sounds like you need one
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I would encourage anyone with mostly 1/2 acre and below accounts to own a stander. The Gravely Pro-Stance I tested was also very easy on turf. Most of my accounts are over 1/2 acre though.
    Posted via Mobile Device