Why Should I use QuickBooks?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FLC2000, Jan 23, 2012.

1. FLC2000

FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to use QB back in the day when I first started for invoicing. Its scheduling software was not something I liked so I switched to Gopher. Gopher is basic but it does the job.

This year I plan on hiring a couple guys to start working for me so I can hit the bricks and expand and finish up my hort. degree.

I have heard that QB can do payroll and there is also a service I can sign up for to start accepting CC's.

Whats everyones experience with QB and what can it offer me?
  2. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I too am curious about Quickbooks. I have never used it but am thinking about it this year.
    I was looking at their website and was thinking about purchasing QB pro2012. Do i also need to buy the payroll software or is it included in 2012?

Do not mean to hijack your thread just figured since we both needed info on QB better to get it all in 1 place.
  3. Pamcakes38

Pamcakes38 LawnSite Member
    from AR

I am the office Manager and we use Quickbooks. It is wonderful! i can say it is worth the money. We do accounts payable and receivable, payroll and except credit cards also we also keep track of some inventory. We actually where using another site for credit cards but found out the rates AB had and it was much more reasonable. The other great thing about QB is the help file is great. I would defiantly recommend it.
  4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like em! It was a bit complicated for me. It's not designed specifically for this business so it makes things a little more interesting when trying to learn it. Maybe if I was willing to give it more then 6 hours to figure it out Id stick with it, but I prefer the old fashion way, just suits me better.
  5. FLC2000

I signed up through intuit today to start accepting CC's. Since intuit makes QB's I assume that they will run together.

As far as the payroll part...does it update with tax laws like how much should be removed from an employees paycheck?

6. all you need is how many exemptions the employees have and whatever your percentage for workers comp and it figures it out.
  7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

a good thing with quick books is that any CPA is going to be able to access it, by my CPA accessing my QBs, i save a subsantial amount on my taxes. He can easily double check anything he has questions about, saving a lot of time which equals a lot of my money saved
  8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

You can buy "QB pro 2012 & Enhanced Payroll" in a box together. SRP $349.00. I got it on sale for $249.00 a couple of weeks ago. Costco has it for $259.00- both in one box. I've been using QB since 1996. I buy it each year in a box together, otherwise QB will charge you $299 just for Enhanced payroll (3 employee limit)
  9. FLC2000

Sounds easy enough.

What do you mean by accessing it? Without being at your computer how can they see it?

10. I have been using it for several years and always learning new things about it, it is a powerful program and can do a lot of things. I really like the payroll part where you just e-file your forms and pay all online. I have just switched to the online version so trying to learn that now.

as is with any program your not gonna set down and be an expert instantly, it does take time to learn it, but once you do, life is easier.