1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why should they choose your company?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Wells, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Over the next few months the market will be saturated with new lawn care companies with each one trying to get a foot hold in the market. As you begin to consider your marketing strategy you should also determine what is going to seperate you from your competition.

Why should a client choose your company over the other dozen that dropped off flyers, what makes your company the better choice for them?
  2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Because I am not the type of company that needs to drop off 2,000 flyers to generate business. Referrals and WOM.
  3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Because we used doorhangers instead. On a serious note over half are going to be illegal, not have insurance and when asked certain questions about various issues regarding the landscape they aren't going to know what to say because they are "GREEN". Basically it boils down to experience. Helps to be certified as well.
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

They come, they go, every year it's the same thing, a whole fleet of shiny new faces.

Way I see things 90% of them don't make it past 2-5 years.
    Considering the pages I could fill with all of the ramifications of someone who isn't on their first few tours of this rodeo anymore, I do admit I've lost sight of some things but it surely is not due to a lack of incoming, so without further opening up this whole can of worms I can easily conclude that this sets me apart.
  5. dKoester

We're supposed to get some rain this weekend topsites. Hope your doing well.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah we were supposed to get some yesterday, it was dark and rough looking out so I took the day off LOL then we got nothing! Man I tell you, I would've took today off because we were deep in fog until past noon but with a 90% or so chance for tomorrow I felt I better do something if just for show.

It'll be all right, got a whole another week and what don't get done by Xmas I can probably get shortly after, and then what don't get done... well I don't want to think about that right now, it'll be all right.
  7. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Knowledge of the industry and long gevity in the filed are certanly ways the older companies can set them selves apart and use it towards their advantage but i'm trying to get the new guys to think about how their going to set themselves apart and to use that to help them in their marketing efforts.

A marketing ad that tells Mrs Jones your a new company offering lawn care isn't going be nearly as effective as telling Mrs. Jones what you can offer her that others may not, you need to give Mrs Jones a reason to call you otherwise she might as well just pick the flyer on the top of the pile. So, what makes you different from the other lawn boys trying to get Mrs. Jones account?
  8. dKoester

Good to hear from you bud.
  9. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Cause whatever they will mow for, i will do it cheaper
  10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Because I am the best looking bald man in the business in this area lol
    Seriously, because I am dependable, If I can't answer their question right then I'll get the answer quick, and it will be right. I do a good job and do it right the first time.
    Plus I am really good looking rofl