1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why shouldn't I get a Stihl BR 600?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by marckxman, May 26, 2008.

1. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

Need to buy a new backpack tomorrow. The 600 seems like a love/ hate machine.
    My local dealer has always treated me well and is a Stihl and Echo dealer. I have liked my 4-mix KR110 Kombi but I keep hearing how people have had probs with their BR600's.
    Are the issues taken care of at this point?
    What would you get?
  2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

have had mine over a year now. no problems. usually starts the first time each day on second pull. everytime after that fires right up. plenty of power. go get it!! you won't regret it especially if you already have a good relationship with your dealer.
  3. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

never had any probs out of mine. i run 93 oct and stihl hp oil
  4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had mine for 2 weeks and it is one of my best purchases yet! What a time saver!

93 octane and stihl ultra hp 2 cycle oil!
  5. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Over a year on our br600 and no problems. We use 87 octane and the best deal we can find on oil. 50-1 mix. I have met know one locally that is not very happy with their stihl 4-mix equipment.
  6. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

We use the 110's also...aren't they a beast? We can't get over the power compared to our echo.
  7. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

Is the HP Ultra oil a big issue? Is the regular HP stuff up to snuff?
    I don't mind spending the cash (especially after dropping the coin on this blower) just wondering if that is an issue with other people's probs with this unit.

BTW- What do you all like to use to secure this gem? I have an open trailer.
  8. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

my blowers go in the cage, they now make a mounting unit for the 550 and 600 model BR's.
  9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

on the question on the pil...I have never used anything but the tractor supply co brand oil.
  10. Willie03

Willie03 LawnSite Member
    from NY

We have 4 BR600 and 3 FS90R's. My guys aren't very gentle with the equipment and except for 1 valve adjustment which my dealer does for free and 100 hrs on my 4 mix equipment, absolutly no issues with the 4 mix stuff. We use 89 octane gas and what ever oil we bulk buy at the beginning of the year. I think we are using the Jthomas no smoke.

No problems what so ever, pleanty of power and light weight. Don't be scared of the 4 mix products from Sthil. Especially if your dealer if a good one.