Why shpuld I choose GreatDane over a Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by greatdane612002, Apr 30, 2003.

1. greatdane612002

greatdane612002 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if and when i make the choice to buy a great dane over a wright stander What makes greatdane "Stand" out????

2. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 LawnSite Member

JUST A COUPLE OF THOUGHTS ON YOUR QUESTION. fIRST THE WRIGHT STANDER IS AN EXCELLANT PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THERE IS NO DOUBT. THE MAIN THING THAT MAKES THE SUPER SURFER DIFFERENT IS COMFORT AND EASE OF HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. wRIGHT HAS A STEEL PLATFORM THAT YOU STAND ON WHEN YOU OPERATE THE UNIT. IT HAS A FEW HOLES DRILLED IN IT AND IT IS CONNECTED TO THE BLADE ENGAGEMENT SYSTEM. aLSO WHERE YOUR HEEL OF YOUR BOOT WOULD BE THERE IS A SOLID STEEL BAR THAT AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS OF OPERATION IS NOT COMFORTABLE ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A LARGE SHOE SIZE. SUPER SURFER USES A STEEL PLATFORM THAT IS BEVELED FOR BETTER BOOT GRAB AND HAS A TON MORE SPRING IN THE PLATFORM WHICH IS CRUCIAL ON BUMPS AND RUTS THAT IS THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE TO ME. THE FLOATING DECK, IT CAN NOT BE ABAD THING IF EVERY MAJOR MANUFACTER TAKES ADVANTAGE OF IT. WOTH THE WRIGHT IT DOES TAKE TIME TO CHANGE THE HEIGHT AND IS NOT EASY. DEMO BOTH YOURSELF AND I THINK COMFORT AND EASE OF HEIGHT WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE

3. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

GreatDane612002:

Well-said Nor'easter1. I recommend you ask a Great Dane dealer to allow you to use a demo unit. If you want me to put you in contact with one of my distributor salesman to assist you, please let me know. You can find the nearest Great Dane dealer near you by accessing our web-site dealer locator www.GreatDaneMowers.com.

Thank you for considering Great Dane products.

Regards,

JMJ