1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why so many 60in. Exmark Turf Tracers on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Feb 4, 2007.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious as to why? I love them, but I know they are not the most popular seller for Exmark. Still Ebay has loads of them. Any idea why?
  2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I was wondering the same myself. My guess is that they are switching over to standers.
  3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Alot of the BIG commercial guys here run them. I see the little mexicans riding the hell out of them with a sulky. I guess they are cheaper initially and they run em ragged...
  4. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen a lot of them with a 20HP engine. Maybe people are getting a bigger engine. I'd like to do a side by side comparison of the turf tracer 60" and the ferris dual drive 61"
  5. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

i just did a surch on ebay and didnt come up with one?
  6. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I saw that too, many from the same seller.I guess we are getting into the time of year where the big guys are trading in and getting new stuff, heck its around the corner here.
  7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Not sure about the units on Ebay right now but a lot of these units were leased by big companies. The leases are usually for 2 years. The leasing companies then sell them to individuals who refurbish and resell them. Some guys have had great luck with these units some have not.
  8. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

Probably from brickman.
  9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Brickman. They have a deal with Exmark and a couple of guys have an in on getting the returns. :)
  10. Honerlaw-LawnCare

Honerlaw-LawnCare LawnSite Member

yup its brickman, they are on the exmark lease program. Brickman does not want to deal with selling the mowers so they have people sell the mowers for them. I bought a 48in Exmark Viking from a guy that does a lot of their selling for them and its a great mower. You just have to watch for what you buy because some of them are beat to heck and back. I will post some pics of the mower i bought.