Why such a large increase in mulch $?

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Grn Mtn, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

Who's selling it so cheap?

2. Imulchmore

Imulchmore LawnSite Member

I am selling triple ground hardwood for $23.00 a Yard. But I charde $30.00 for delivery local within 5 miles and I charge by the zip code after that.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

i dunno... it went up a dollar to 12.60 a cube for standard double-shred, 18 for premium and $20 / cu.yard for designer mulch. I deliver and spread standard mulch for 45 / cu.yard unless it's bs involved (like hand spreading). Still doing 4 cubes for 175, delivered and spread.
    You gotta love mulch to do it, but the customers love this price around here, it's hard to beat (not to say it hasn't been tried but then I always say they hire the cheaper guy already).

4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Another thing also. Power plants are willing to pay more for wood products now that other fuel prices have gone up so much. Early in the spring I went to the local sawmill to get a load of mulch and they had sold all they had to the powwer plant for fuel

wayne

6. TysonsTree

TysonsTree LawnSite Member

Any one out there in Northern VA (Eastern Panhandle WV <> Hagerstown MD <> Frederick MD <> Arlington/Alex VA <> DC metro area) interested in some new mulch price quotes?

Have your standard (dark brown) double shredded hardwood mix & current some Cedar mulch in stock? We are the mfr & have our own supply sources. Looking to make some last minute deals for the end of the season.. Call me for quote.

I am also seeking leaf waste & can make incredible deals for dumping at our site near Berryville VA (25 mins away from Leesburg).

Thanx.

7. Jeff_BriggsMML

Jeff_BriggsMML LawnSite Member

I purchase all our bulk mulch from a company approxmately 100 miles away and am paying .50 cents more for the mulch and a 75.00 fuel surcharge when they bring me 80 yards my cost is still only $14.94 a yard for double proccessed brown hardwood. We wholesale it for $19.00 a yard and retail it for $24.00 a yard. So far we have been through over 700 yards this year.

8. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

Do you sell black dyed? If so how much? Mulch It is just getting to much$$

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Likely the suppliers have been holding on and not increasing for so long that when they checked it came out a little higher.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Every single machine involved in the production of mulch consumes petrol.