why the big ISUSU landscape truck boom in the east coast?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

first off theyre god awful ugly goofy mobiles.. but for work ability, why does it seem every low and high end company is getting them? As far as i can tell, they dont pull as much as your average gm/ford/dodge diesel Truck. I see older ones and brand new 4 door ones, why dont these guys just get a F550 or 3500 HD Chevy? or Kodiak truck ?

2. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think the Kodiak is one ugly mother.

3. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto- The isuzu i believe is also a 4 cyl? Better mpg and saves the need for a trailer.

4. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like somebody is a little jealoussssss!:eek: Go ahead and admit it- Hello my name is Ramairfreak98ss, and I am an NPR addict!

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

You know what is really stupid? Working out of 45k '06 F250! You look like every mowjoe out there! Isuzus are purpose built trucks... they are more efficient, more durable, easier to manuever, and all around better truck for landscaping and maintenance.

The idea is... you don't need to pull anything... no trailers. Lets admit it... trailers are a complete hassle and an added liability w/ employees. I have 2 NPRs and one FRR for hauling my skid and mini. It just doesn't get any easier for getting equipment to the jobsite or around town doing maintenance.

6. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

The big three have dropped the ball. And guess who recovered the fumble???????????????????? Isuzu and Toyota.

7. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

There is your answer.

8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd like to see a chassis-cab truck with one of those open landscapers bodies or a super lawn truck body.

9. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

O.K. I'll admit it. I used my truck and trailer a couple of weeks ago. Wanna know why? My NPR was in the shop having the brakes worked on! We will probably be adding another NPR next year and run another crew. Might go with an open bed instead of a box. I would think that the open beds would be a little easier for an employee to learn on and get some experience before I let them take out a box truck.

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I just added an open body isuzu. I think I like it more than my box truck. It is even easier to drive around town, and you can easily load pallets(one side folds down) and haul alot of debris. It is also auto which is much nicer to drive than the 5 speed.