1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why this business?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bassman, Apr 10, 2000.

1. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

this is same as my post back in Jan. on &quot;reincarnation&quot; about what we all did in our past lives. <br>I worked full time as machinist & part time lawn care for past 6 years. This year we are done (hopefully) with babies & want to go full time, so 2000 is the big sendoff for us into full time lawn/landscaping.<br>Been doing warehouse work & machinist/ tool& die stuff since high school; always mowed the yard at home growing up with our old jacobsen tractor, then dad moved up to a wheel horse, then a JD for our 3 acres of grass. Now he can't believe how fast MY mowers will mow his old homestead. Progress, I guess.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>
  2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I was a baggage handler for NWA, low on the seniority pole. The people I worked with were great and I miss them. But people would talk about what they want to do, and never do it. Like Lone star writes, it is a cheap start-up. Maintaining the equipment and moving up on the lawn service food chain are more rewarding than getting that straggling piece of luggage to the Memphis flight.<p>Its probably a control thing.
  3. ADMServices

ADMServices LawnSite Member

Hey Toroguy,<p>Where are you located? We're in Michigan, about 15 min from Detroit Metro.<p>Andy<br>www.admservices.com
  4. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Hey toroguy that straggling piece of luggage didnt make it to Memphis. It never does. I live there i would know.<br>Dingo
  5. sue

sue LawnSite Member

I got into the lawn care business 6 years ago. i really like being outdoors, and working in the yard. so this seemed like the business to get into. it's a good feeling when you can help others out, and see the nice work you do. plus i like being my own boss. i would like to take a master gardeners class and learn more. any suggestions? have a nice day!
  6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Andy,<br>Mpls airport, we completely ignored the Detroit bags...just kidding.