1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Why was my post edited???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Andrews Lawn, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Andrews Lawn

Andrews Lawn LawnSite Member

I would like to know why my post was edited about MAKING a sulky for jhawk71. Which one of the guidelines is this breaking? I would like a explanation from 1MajorTom on why they think they needed to edit it. I was not trying to sell any product. I was simply offering a service to another lawnsite member. Where is it in the Guidelines and Rules that i can't do that??
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

After editing your post, I apologize for not explaining personally to you in e-mail. I normally try to do that right after I edit a post, but I got drawn away from the computer.

In your offer, was money to be exchanged? If so, how was I to know if you would be making any profit on this?

I agree. This site is set up to help people in the green industry. But when money gets exchanged, it becomes tricky.
    Would you have been profiting off of this? How am I to know?

The next thing you know, you could have 20 members e-mailing you, and you could have yourself a nice little profit going on.
    Not saying this would happen. Just saying that it could.

Companies pay to advertise their products here so they sell them and make a profit.
    Not saying you are a "company", but if you are offering to make a product and then sell it, then there's no guarantee that profit isn't involved.
  3. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Andrews Lawn,

Under the posting guidelines the first listing is:

* Posting of items for sale or wanted items in the Used Equipment Market Place Only.

Please list any item for sale under the "Equipment Market Place".