why would one need....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Echo 403 that I use as a backup to my Redmax 8000 and to clear fertilizer off pavement. Would I buy one in that category now? No. Next time I need a low-capacity blower, I'll get a handheld.

Don't get me wrong, I like that Redmax, but it's a bit much to lug around after a while.

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I can see a few specific uses but definately not around residentials. Can you imagine the drift you could kick up?
    I just ordered a Redmax EBZ8000 from Travis at Landscape Supply (very easy and very good prices) I am used to carrying loads on my back with the air packs at the FD so its weight won't be an issue. I am a bit of an anchor also at 220lbs so a little weight like that pack won't be noticed. I am looking forward to the hurricane force winds to come.

4. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Wow! How weird.

5. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Well, maybe because Stihl makes a quality product and has the support of their loyal customers...

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Blower sprayers are used for spraying trees,etc.

7. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I bet you could fog a greenhouse pretty quick with one of those.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of commericial properties require spraying for weed control on the lawn, pest in bushes, fungus on rye grass etc. I would be a little concerned about the amount of drift from this thing...so not sure it is a good solution but these have been around a while.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

These units are nothing short of awesome for doing dormant oil applications, as well as other things. These things will put liquid spatter up in a tree for several feet. A friend of mine has this unit, and we use it occasionally. I'm definetely going to have my own, eventually. Good money in these applications.

10. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I have sold these units as well as some from Maryama that customers use for spreading something over concrete after they have layed it.