Why Wright over Great Dane ? Is there a major difference ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

The question I have is why are so many people more towards wright than Great dane ? I have had a demo on three Danes and the salesman came 210 miles to bring these machines for a one man show to demo. I can't seem to get any other dealers that are closer to demo anything . I thought the danes seemed like a great machine other than the scamper that I tested was kind of different as far as the controls on a walk behind. I am new to the big boy toys and I want to make the right choice the first time. I would like to if possible buy my machines from the guy I have been dealing with that did the dane demo , they also sell other machines as well : Dane, Honda, Bobcat,Ferris,Toro, Cub Cadet Pro, and I think one other. I have also heard alot about the Exmarks on here ? not sure about them
  2. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

Personally i have Exmarks and Gravely equipment and the Lazer ZHP 52 is awesome, you cant go wrong with it. Just use the search button and you can find your answers to all of your ?'s. YOU can save yourself lots of money and anger if you just use the website. There are some guys on here that are amazing at answering anything and they are always right on. So, have fun with your purchase and don't let the price be the deciding factor.
  3. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

I have a Great Dane, 25hp Kohler, 60" deck. I know one other local cutter who has identical machine. Both of us agree we'd never have another. Both machines have 800 hours, both have had the top of the engine rebuilt 2x due to muffler baffles coming loose, plugging muffler and blowing head gaskets and burnign valves. Both have had the rear arms that mount deck to frame break and replaced at $279/pair. I've had to replace steering linkage at 600 hours, all of the pivot points slopped out. Seat is junk also. My advice, don't do it. There's a reason he's running all those miles to try to sell them.