1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Pitbull05, May 2, 2007.

1. Pitbull05

Pitbull05 LawnSite Member

Why is there very little talk anywhere about Husqvarna? I use all Husqvarna equipment and I am very satisfied. Does anyone else use Husqvarna, and what do you think?
  2. ptlawnguy

ptlawnguy LawnSite Member

I am a Teacher/husky salesman at the local Ace/ grass cutter. I think there stuff is great. I own a husky edger, chain saw , snowblower , 21" mower, and just sold my consumer Z for a Country clipper Jazee II. I would have bought a husky if i had the cash but I got my jazee for a song and dace. it had only 10 hours 48" 20 hp Kohler for $3,200 :dancing:
    I thing husky equipment is made very well. Their commercial machines are built tough and offer 5 year warranties. I dont know of any others that do that. Most are 2 years and three on the deck and spindles.
    I also just realized how much i love that orange powder coating on their Z's. It takes a good bit of abuse to wear off that paint. Thats probably why I was able to sell my old z at such a good price. They shine up very well. I am already seeing signs that my country clipper is going to be loosing some paint.
  3. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

All of my 2 cycle stuff is Husky. Built like a tank, very reliable. Just not many dealers in my area.
  4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Only good husky 2 strokes are there chainsaws. Weedeaters/edgers are crap. We also run a repair shop and we hate to work on them & parts cost more. The fuelines constantly break. Mowers don't compare to scag, gravely, exmark, etc. Had a husky sold and will not buy another. All of husky equipment is way over priced.
  5. hornett22

hornett22 LawnSite Senior Member

their chainsaws speak for themselves.AWESOME! trimmers are awesome too,starts second pull every spring after sitting for months.never done anything to it repair wise in three years.just gas ,oil,string.even use the brush blade on it.

their blowers are great too.the new ones especially.(redmax)

i'm not impressed with their mowers.the riders seem like exmarks. WBs look like crap.
  6. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I must agree "not many dealers in my area". The only one that I know of is 30 miles away.

Although Husky threw one heck of a pig barbecue last year at the Howard County Fairgrounds. :drinkup: (To bad I didn't buy anything, maybe next year)
  7. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

well i bought a husqvarna 36 inch hydro w/b this year and am totally happy with it. it cuts amazingly smooth and has the ets controls, which are very comfey. it also has the 15 horse kawasaki. the price was 3300.00, why is that overpriced? not bad for a dual hydro mower. i priced a 36 inch exmark, fixed deck, same engine for well over a grand more, now thats OVERPRICED! ive only had the huskey for a few months now with zero problems. but apparently i will have problems according to all the feed back i read on this site. so maybe you could tell me what to expect going wrong with this mower, so i can be prepared.
  8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I like husky saws. I also like Echo and some stihl products depending on the application.
  9. EMTDUCK1984

EMTDUCK1984 LawnSite Member

their blowers arent redmax yet the merger was still up in the air the last time our reps from both husky and redmax came by. husky does use kawasaki engines which are nice but there are so many brands that offer more bang for your buck than husky.
  10. mjohn

mjohn LawnSite Member

i cut a lot of grass @ my church (in New Ken Pa) and Huskys Rock!!!