Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Southern Pride, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Does every single trailer I see have the weedeater racks mounted on the passenger side? I've yet to see one with them on the driver side like mine. I don't know about you all but I park across the street from the house I am cutting so I can blow everything. Also when doing mulch I park on the curb in front of the house and this way the racks are not in the way of me throwing mulch in the wheel barrels.

When I walk across to grab a weedeater I don't want to walk to the far side of the truck. I normally wouldn't care but it seems everyone has them on that side. Why? :cool2::walking::usflag:
  2. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

My trimmer rack is on the driver side. Your not alone. I have trimmers and gas on the drivers side and blower and water cooler on the passenger.
  3. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

I have my eXtreme racks on the driver side.
  4. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I have racks on three sides.
  5. sharpcuts

sharpcuts LawnSite Member
    from NE OK

Mine are on the front.
  6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

We put ours on the passenger side so the guys will not be in the close to the traffic that may drive by. I don't feel there is a wrong approach. If you use your head and are careful you could mount them on your bumper!
  7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

A lot of people put them on the passenger side because when it rains you don't get muddy water all over them thats what I've been told at least.
  8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Use grocery bags to cover the engines to keep them dry.
  9. Dpatt07

Dpatt07 LawnSite Member

I put mine on a the passenger side because when I fuel up the truck I can fuel up the mowers at the same time without having to maneuver around the racks with the gas hose. My fuel tank on the truck is on the driver side so I can use two pumps at once. I sometimes park on the opposite side of the street facing the wrong direction and that will put the trimmers on the street side. But like someone said before, I don't like standing in the street to take equipment off the trailer. Its just not safe, especially with the teenagers in my area.
  10. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I have one on each side. Blowes are in the bed. Makes the most sense for me.