Whynot Tanaka?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowingisMaddness, Aug 7, 2003.

1. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

I did a search on Tanaka equipment and no one has really given any feedback on them? The search shows a few people asking about Tanaka products, but no responses. None of the posts were dedicated just to Tanaka equipment, so I thought I would ask and see what happens?

How about there hedge trimmers? Too heavy? I looked at model 2120 and it had an anti-vibration system that the Echo Hc-150 didn't have... that alone made me want to try it out...

Or how about weedeaters or backpack blowers? I am always looking for (so called)better equipment to try out...

so what to you guys know about Tanaka???

Thanks, AJ
  2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

they make a great walk behind edger vary simple to use and fast. never used any of there other products

FELPRO LawnSite Member

Tanaka THT 210 Hedge Trimmer is bulletproof. I sell them and the customer feedback is perfect.
  4. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a weedeater i've had for 6 years still gong strong, only thing I don't like is gas caps brake easy.
  5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have their edger and hedgetrimmers, had their trimmer for 2 years.

I love their products. Never any major problems with them, the edger is now 8 years old.

I think their stuff is the best BALANCED out their, power to weight is also good.
  6. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

I have the hedge trimmers and love them, they aren't near as heavy as my Shindaiwa's.
  7. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Tanaka has always produced an extremely high quality product. I heard that they can no longer produce their wheeled edger because of the E.P.A. laws. Tanaka builds a great string trimmer and superb hedge trimmers. Tanaka's engines have dual rings, chrome clyinders, heat treated connecting rods, oil ports at the end of the connecting rods,etc....... Great stuff if you can find a dealer that sells the product line. Good Luck!
  8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate to disagree w/ you on this, but here's my input. I initially ran Echo 1500 series trimmers (still have 2 pair use them for really crappy work - seldom used). Switched over to tanaka - large improvement over echo. I still have 2 pair and use hem as back-ups or if we take a large pruning job. I now use redmax and truely believe that they cut the best.

I do run the tanaka walk behind edgers, and have found them to be better than Little Wonder, Power Trim, McLane, & Scag. We have been using them for around 7 years. They are durable, but if you need parts, their not cheap.
  9. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

Tanaka weed eaters a long time ago had the most bearings supporting the streight shaft going down the tube. Don't know now, but great tools, not many out there.
  10. just Cuts

just Cuts LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have the 210's and love them!!!!!!!!