Wich vac would you buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Matt'slawncare, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

Which one of these vacs would you use a Agri-Fab or a Trac-Vac. What are the pros and cons of both of these. Any help would be great cause i plan on purchasing one of these.
  2. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

I've always used Trac-vacs very good design, never really clogs up. I've used them for at least 10 years and wouldn't change. All mine are on 52" toro walk behinds and the vacs have a 6hp engine they always seems to have enough power even with damp leaves. I've never heard of the other one you suggested, but I've never really looked to change.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have 6 Trac Vacs (Model 470) on our WB's. Been using them for 9 years now and have had absolutely no problems with them.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Are You Using it On!!
  5. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

6. Matt'slawncare

I would be running it on a 48 inch deck. I found the agri-fab in an add in the Turf Mag. I also looked at them at are local home center. There is no dealer to be found that sells Trac-Vac in my area, so i dont know what do about that for parts and service. Thanks for all the help.
  7. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I realize there are many different models, but is the tongue weight very heavy on these units? Would like to tow one with a 36 Stander 17 KAW, but I have obvious concerns right now regarding the tongue weight with the 6 hp motor
  8. Awilkinson

Awilkinson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have an Agri-fab. It isn't that bad for the money. You should be able to find them at farm supply store: Tractor suppy, Rural King ect. Parts arn't to hard to get a hold of. Down side, it is very tongue heave and can be hard maneuver sometimes. Another draw back is that it is not really built for commercial use. The intake hose is just a bit to short when hooked to my ztr. I have no idea how much the trac-vac runs, but for the money, the agri-fab is a nice alternative. Oh, I have a 6hp with 6 cub. ft. trail. :angel:
  9. Matt'slawncare

What is the average Trac-vac cost? I know the agri-fab runs about 899-1299 in my area. Awilkinson so are you trying to say if you had the money to buy a trac-vac go for it. Also does it have alot of vacuum power or does it get clogged alot. What else are the pros and cons of this machine.
  10. R.J's lawn Care

R.J's lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from mid

i use all exmarks and i have track vacs on them