1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

wicked pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgreanbean, May 30, 2001.

1. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

soon i the middle of the month im gonna mow this guys yard for 3 weeks
    his house is a 17th century home he actully had moved up to iowa for himself, im not sure were it was originally. i do a ton of stuff for this guy and he is going out of town. he takes care of the yard himself so i dont mow it, i cant wait to stripe it!! and take pics!
    he has tons of toys, 57 t-bird 300 miles, 66 comet 1200 miles, 64' aston martin, old porche, 10 or 11 old triumph bikes and all kinds of other stuff! and he pays well.
    you know you have a good customer when you look forward to doing work for him and he pays really good
  2. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: Hope you do a great job with the client and he will treat you good,,,,,
  3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I would mow it twice. Darken in the stripes and really impress him and your asking price, when asked, will be granted.
  4. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

One guy has a new Jag, new Audi A8 quatro, new Ram, fisshing boat, pontoon boat, and a $350,000 house
    Another guy on my street has a (ever option possible) Ram and durango, speed boat and waverunner and a cottage
    Another guy on my street has an Acura, speed boat waverunners, big cottage with 5 acres on a lake.

I love my customers. Those people love to toss their money around too.
  5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I wish I could make enough doing this to toss my money around... dave g:cool:
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I had one that lived on the Gulf of Mexico, real nice house, pool, had a boat everything...... moved out and didnt pay the last months payment.
  7. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

This guy, he is real good about paying, weve done about 5000.00 in tree work so far this year with him, his house..well over a million, he actually installed a full size pipe organ in the house for his wife! he owns the largest luxury(sp?) car dealer ship in the area. and he wears work boots and gets his hands dirty on the weekends!
    also has about 10 norton motorcycles.I think he just likes to have projects going on and the fact that all my people like him and his wife and enjoy going there to work is a plus( keeps them company)
  8. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

A guy that I have worked for in the past has bookoo bucks and he is not afraid to spend it and he is very easy going. I want to get his account for plowing. the plowing account consists of a private road that is about 1 1/2 miles. 5 homes (his, two of his sons, his daughter and his grandson) and a couple other small drives (garages, barns etc.) Here is the kicker, last year he bought a brand new dodge ram 2500 with fischer v plow and a 35hp Kabota 4wd tractor with snowblow JUST FOR DOING THE DRIVEWAY, NEVER GOES OUT ON THE HIGHWAY. They own a family business (costume store and wholesale catalog), they all go to the business everyday, they pay for EVERYTHING upfront. He also bought a JD 450 bulldozer to "play with". His barn has a Rolls Royce, 68 vette convertible, and an older cadilac (70's). His son's garage (yes, garage) has a full kitchen and is 3 cars wide by 2 cars deep and has RV hook-up with seperate septic system so when their friends come over they can hook up. All of the houses are lakefront and they also have various boats, pwc, snowmobiles, four wheelers and dirt-bikes. It would be a full time job to maintain the property and their toys. Unfortunately the mowing isn't that big of a deal because most of the property is wooded. These people blow my mind.