1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

wide area commercial HONDA walkbehinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IXINRGIXI, Sep 10, 2012.

1. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

its a shame that a good design went out of style/couldn't get parts

2. kynobi

kynobi LawnSite Member

I was looking at a 36" HRC7113TXA and the owner said it was hydrostatic drive. Did that version have optional drive systems? Is the HRC7113TXA a fixed height deck? Are parts for that model obsolete?
    Thanks in advance. Have a great day!

3. kynobi

kynobi LawnSite Member

I was looking at a 36" HRC7113TXA and the owner said it was hydrostatic drive. Did that version have optional drive systems? Is the HRC7113TXA a fixed height deck? Are parts for that model obsolete?
    Thanks in advance. Have a great day!

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

All of the Honda commercial walkbehind mowers are old now and very difficult to get parts for. That mower dates from 1998. Find another mower.

5. robert@honda

robert@honda LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

The HRC7113 was only a gear-drive model.
    The HRC7013 was only a hydrostatic drive model.
    Neither had optional drives or were interchangeable.

Decks (36" and 48") were adjustable in mowing height from in both a low and high range:
    Low 1.5~3.5 inches
    High 3.5~5.5 inches

Some parts are completely discontinued; both the 7113 and 7013 have been out of production for 12+ years. Honda will continue to offer many parts as long as there is demand, but parts are indeed gone for good.

-Robert@Honda
    Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.

6. Uponone605

Uponone605 LawnSite Member

I used to have two 48s years ago. Great mowers, awesome height adjustment, but like everyone else said, good luck getting parts. The guy I bought mine from put Briggs motors on them so I never never had issues with motor stuff. Just spindles and what not.