Width Of Exmark unit W/TRac-Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JeffK, Jan 26, 2004.

1. JeffK

JeffK LawnSite Member

I just ordered a new Exmark 52" TTHP mower with the 17 hp Kawasaki engine.

At the same time I ordered a new Trac Vac Model 470.

I bought both units already but the dealer said that they would probably set the unit up in March or April for me. (They are storing for me for the Winter).

My question is that I'm having a new trailer built in the next couple of weeks and need to know the overall width of the 52" mower with the new Trac Vac installed. The dealer tells me approximately 10-12" wider than the mower but I need to know for sure.

Is there anyone who might have the answer to this question?

This particular trailer will need to be fairly narrow to fit inside an 8 ft. garage door.

Thanks!
    Jeff

2. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) That should fit on a 6-1/2' trailor so no problem with the 8'.....Marks Mowing Service

3. JeffK

JeffK LawnSite Member

Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

My current trailer is 63" wide on the deck and just fits in an 8 ft. door (when adding the fenders on each side, the total width is just under 8 ft.).

I'm hoping that a trailer deck of 63" will fit the mower w/trac vac.

What do you think?

Jeff

4. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) Jeffk first off any reason you didn't go with more Horse Power? The 52" HP is 63.2 with your deflector down the deflector is 13" i believe, You trailor is 63"-13=50.2+your bagger 11"=61.2 I believe it will work but it's going to be tight, you can always just swing your motor off and on it comes down to it.......Marks Mowing Service

5. JeffK

JeffK LawnSite Member

Thanks Mark,

I know it's going to be a "tight fit".

I'm going to have to squeeze every inch out of it that I can. I know that if I have to I can disconnect the discharge chute and set it on the mower deck. That just seems like it could be a real hassle.

Not sure what you mean with respect to more horsepower. The mower that I bought was the HP, not the Turf Tracer. The mower I bought was a brand new (still in crate) 2001 model. I think that the 17 HP was (and still is) the biggest motor you can get for the TTHP).

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Jeff
    Its 8" add one inch to your deck. It should be 61 total.
    John

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Figures I go measure mine and John has the right answer the trac vac shoot on my lazer adds exactly 8 inches but I have it on a 60 inch deck and that fits fine on a 6 foot wide trailer gives me 4 inch clearance

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Ive Had trac-vac for years, its easyer and better with the accelerator thow. I just bought a new mower and a 6.2 accelerator bagger for it.
    John

accelerator.jpg