Width of trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by germann, Jan 28, 2004.

1. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to get a 36 and 48 walkbehinds side by side on a trailer. Problem is road legal width. 6'10'' is the maximum between wheel wells. We found out we can have our trailer built to the outside of the wells. This way, if the mowers fit behind the wells, it will work.
    1. Do any of you have a setup to fit a 36 and 48 side by side?
    2. What are your ideas for setting up a trailer for a 36 and 48 walkbehind with a 60 in rider.

Note-I used graph paper to map out the trailer and mower sizes, so I have a pretty good idea of how different senarios fit. This is a great way to help you see what size trailer you might need.
  2. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

You can have a trailer that is built above the wheel wells- like snow mobile trailers- now you have all of your 102" to use.

Or, you could build a dove ramp to go over the wheel wells, sort of like a trailer bump so you dont drive to fast over it, if you know what I mean :D
  3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep! Tandem axle with tires under the bed.

4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 77"wide.My 48w/b and a 21" fits perfect side by side.I fit a 48w/b,2 21's,a61"turf tiger and a 42"lawntractor sideways on tailend.I'ts a 77"x 16 tandom axle.--its full!!
  5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

They will fit side by side in the nose of an 8' enclosed (past the wheel wells)
  6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

whatever you do,,,,buy one thats big enough to carry your mower!:)
  7. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Get a side ramp for the smaller units
  8. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

I'm glad I live in Idaho. No 6' 10' law here.
  9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

You need one of these. No wasted exterior Space. You can get those Walks in side by each Easily.

cabover bed.jpg
  10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

You could always try a "deck-over" trailer