wierd but great client

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have this one client hes doing a complete landscape/lawn tear out & taking out 12" of sand and bringing in top grade top soil. :dizzy: but the good thing is during the 6mths this is going to take hes still goning to pay me the reg monthly amount, he said i still have to eat to :laugh: i wish all clients were this nice

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Most client would try and get out of paying for a few months. Some clients like this one appreciate you I will everyone was this generous.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

12" of topsoil is overkill unless the soil is contaminated.

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

lol read it again my friend Taking out 12 in of sand and bringing in top soil

5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If you were the one doing the work; you could be eating real goodpayup

That 6-8 hundred he's paying you over 6 months is small potatoes compared to the cost of this project.

Did you at least get a shot at the job?
    6 months seems like way too long, even if it's done in stages:confused:

It seems like there may be a buck to be made just selling the dirt; or letting someone load it up and take it away for free. Every new house is being built up on a mound around here.

6. Frontier-Lawn

i really dont have the time or the man power to do almost a 1/4 acre job like that

7. BSDeality

read it again my friend. there is no need for 12" of "topsoil". you only need 4" max, the rest is just fill. so why excavate more than you have to?

8. Frontier-Lawn

9. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

There are a lot of places that could benefit from having the yard lowered/reshaped. Maybe a place for storm waters to collect instead of the garage?

10. BSDeality

grading isn't the same as taking out 12" of sand to replace with 12" of topsoil.