wierd call

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mike lane lawn care, Jul 18, 2006.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i just was told by my mother that someone had left a message on the answering machine earlier today, the call was the absolute wierdest i have ever recived, not because of what she said, but what she didn't say. it was "uh hi uh, i heard you could clean a deck, my nuber is xxx-xxxx" then she ended the call, no name, no information, nothing, i don't think i will even call her back. the only way someone could have "heard" that i could "clean a deck" is from the bigest PITA whom discussed pressure washing every time i went to cut, i told her i don't own one. she kept saying well you can rent one, and they don't cost that much, and "we'll see, maybe you'll get one" so i don't think i want her as a customer. what do you guys think? should i just call back and say she heard wrong that i don't offer it?

2. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Check the number you got on the answer machine against the one you have for your mowing customer, to see if its the same one, if it is i probaly would not bother about ringing or give her the phone no. of some body that does pressure cleaning.

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i checked, they are not the same, but it doesn't come up as a number, not even in an inyternet search.

4. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't offer a service, you don't offer it. Ignore it and keep moving.....

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Thats kind of what I was thinking!!!!:confused:

6. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Nah, call the number back that you received on the message and provide to her the telephone number of the pita customer - say "Hey-these are the people to call for cheap pressure washing".

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I get some like that from time to time, I don't worry much over it, just hit delete.
    On those days I'm kinda glad I have the answering machine.

8. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Price it off the scale; way off....... that'll shut 'er up.
    Go with $1.75 sq ft.