wierd start to a new year!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ffemt1271, Apr 11, 2004.

1. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

well, i am in my 2nd year of business and i operate solo. i took on a cleanup for a little old lady because her old lawn guy went out of business. removed limbs, leaves etc and cut the grass..she paid on completion and i left it spotless. she calls me up and tells me i missed some leaves. so to be nice i go back over there and come to find that the leaves are ON THE ROOF OF THE HOUSE..
    now she's an EX-customer.

Back before the beginning of the season i outbid another LCO
    from 30 miles away on a property 3 blocks from my home.
    we also submitted bids on 3 midsized apt. complexes (1 across the street from my home) he under bud me by 50% keep in mind that i am solo and he shows up with 5 helpers and it takes him 4 hours to complete what would take me 2 by myself. they were loud, had loud music, and was drinking beer on the z. Anyways i blow the leaves out of my curb and into the street where they get pulverized and go away. this igmo calls the cops (police station on other side of my home) and wants me arrested.

wel i'm thwe deputy fire chief here so i dont have anything to worry about. here comes the guy on the z down the street with a beer to "see whats up" well lets say you can go to jail for DWI on a lazer z. i bet they felt real good when they left.

anyways.....whats wrong with people in this day and age...always in other peoples business....guess they should have known who's they were getting into....sorry just had to vent

2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

wel i'm thwe deputy fire chief here so i dont have anything to worry about. here comes the guy on the z down the street with a beer to "see whats up" well lets say you can go to jail for DWI on a lazer z. i bet they felt real good when they left.

So they got:gunsfirin for:drinkup: on a lazer! now thats :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

What do you mean when you say "wel i'm the deputy fire cheif here so i dont have anything to worry about"? Are you saying the crooked cops will not do anything to you that they would to the rest of us? sounds that way..............

4. ffemt1271

no. there is no ordinance in our town against leaves in the street

there is for dwi though......being a fireman does have advantages every now and then though.....though i do not expect them i hold myself and my firemen to a higher standard that than everyone else

5. Cleatus

Cleatus LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

it would only take you 2 hours to do a mid-sized apartment complex all by your self?

6. ffemt1271

it is only 4 buildings with 2 apts each

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

As far as the ordinance of the drinking while on a Lazer, well, it's probably a law. That's how it is here in Michigan. A tractor, lawn mower, or any other type of vehicle like that is a VEHICLE, and is written as such in the State Vehicle Code. Therefore, if you are even drinking a beer while riding a mower inyour own yard, it's against the law. Now, while this may not be strongly enforced, it still does exist. I can just hear Boomauer telling Hank Hill.

"Man, I'm justa mowin' my lawn, man, and them dang ol' police come and tackle me down dag nab handcuff me goin' clickety clickety click and stuff man and throw me in the back of that dang ol' police car and took my beer and stuff man, and I wudn't even done with the dang ol' lawn, man."

8. tedk

tedk LawnSite Member

Ahhh...one of those really tiny mid-sized apartment complexes.

come now, don't be modest. tell us how you really feel about yourself.

9. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

why would it take him 4 hours? Let him have it who cares.

10. ffemt1271

i dunno where he got these guys at, they would work for 10 or 15 minutes, then sit on the tailgate and listen to loud music for 10 or 15 minutes.. good news is after the owners experience with these guys i'll probably get it next year