wife and i need help with landscape design around house

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grass disaster, Aug 17, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

we could use some suggestions for some bushes around our house. we are looking for hardy bushes that don't require a whole lot of maintenance.

we would appreciate any help you landscapers could offer. i'm not very good with picking out designs.

Attached Files:

2. grass disaster

we want to leave this side alone we have hydrangeas on this side

housepics 002.jpg

3. grass disaster

back side of the house by the ac unit

flowerbed.JPG

4. grass disaster

5. grass disaster

no plans for bushes here on the north side we plan on putting the deck here....if i ever get around to this proj*trucewhiteflag*ect

deckside.JPG

6. grass disaster

and one last one for your viewing pleasure

housepics 001.jpg

7. grass disaster

bump bump

8. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

why don't you hire a landscape designer that is familiar with your area? We all do this as a business, and therefore you may find not alot of people want to just give out information for free unless there is some monetary gain for them.

just my 2 cents.

9. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The whole neighborhood seems void of any kind of shade. I think some trees and bushes around more than just next to the house. Probably some Technys around the air conditioning unit and let them grow up to the window, so plant several feet out into the lawn.

Put a large maple on the south side where the new deck will be and have some shade. This place must bake in summer and freeze in winter. A row of technys on the west property line makes a nice wind break for winter.

That is just my impulse. I do not pretend to do good designs. I have ideas that I like, but leaves others scratching their heads. Then of course when I see what others have done I say - "what was the point of that?? More crap to mow around but serves no function." :)

10. FordLawnLandscape

FordLawnLandscape LawnSite Member

Not to come off as a jerk or nething bro but .. ARE YOU SERIOUS ??? :laugh: Next time somethings wrong w/ your car go to the nearest mechanic shop, get him to tell u whats causing it to run bad and then ask if you can borrow his tools to fix YOUR car !! Are ya catching what im throwing atcha ??