Wife kills lawn every Halloween..then Christmas too

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Oct 3, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Here's just 2 pics of some of her Halloween junk which smothers our lawn every year. There are many more such "devices" throughout our lawn now which she installs every year. They are plastic, and they inflate up to 15 feet tall at night. Soon it will be the snow men, etc for the Christmas season. Every spring, my wife asks me why the lawn doesn't look good???

Anybody else have to deal with this "crap"?:laugh:

Halloween 002.jpg

Halloween 003.jpg
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Not at my house, but I hate it when customers put that stuff up! and it seems like they put it up earlier every year!
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Add some more mulch around the landscaping to bring the border out a couple feet. That should give her some more room to "decorate" & also give you some more room for annuals during the growing months.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

5 bird baths, 3 fountains. about 30 solar lights. 16 low voltage on timers. Plastic ducks. Plastic butterflies. Gnomes. Decorative bridges over the flower beds. Wind chimes. Bird houses(for decoration only). On and on.
  5. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Tell your wife that you are the boss and that you are not going to have that crap on the lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  6. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

american, did you build that retaining wall around that tree? :hammerhead:
  7. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

that stuff doesn't go up in my yard
  8. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

take her out to dinner, then have a few of your employees come by and take that crap. (best to wait a little closser to the holidays, their's a better chance that the store is sold out)
  9. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I love this idea. Totally awesome.
  10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Me too.......it almost made me spit up my beer!

My wife put the retaining wall up (more to trim around).

If I told my wife all her crap needs to go, I'd be in divorse court! Same goes if my guys snuck by & removed all her debris, cuz she WOULD find out somehow....she always does.

All I know is this cheap plastic junk will again smother the grass since it will be there for about 33 days.

If you look closely at the first pic, you will see where my wife had to reseed from last year's damage. Closely look between the little skeleton faces and the retaining wall, and you'll see clumps of ryegrass in our otherwise bluegrass lawn (she used 'lawn patch').:hammerhead: