1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wifes for book keepers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Feb 22, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Have any of you when you first started have your wifes do the book keeping for you?? And if so did it cause any problems? LOL
  2. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

My wife has been my bookkeeper and secretary since I started 6 yrs ago...It works out great for us...She controls the money anyway...I don't really like handling the money, I just like making it..She worked at a bank for a long time so it just comes naturally to her...Derrick
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Of course if she sees somebody keeps cutting a customers lawn but never any money comming there might be questions! :D
  4. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

yes, my wifes keeps my books, but she had
    a full time job untill I got he business up and
    running strong, then she quit her job and took
    over the books, but I still do the end of month
    invoices because I like to make sure everyone is
    being billed properly, since she in not out there
    doing the work, things can be over looked.
    She loves doing this since she see all the money
    and I never do, and she likes the specail attention
    from the boss.
  5. Wife does mine since 88 and loves it. She has extensive clerk/file work background and puts all the money in the right places. I makes the money, and she keeps track. Could'nt do it without her. Causes no problems cept when we need more doe (which is all the time!).
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I fired her!
  7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

My wife is so busy with her job I would never expect her to do my books. My accountant and I do fine. I have asked her from time to time to double check something I have done and she gladly does it. Hey, she carries the health and dental care, that's enough!
  8. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Just dont tick her off =)!