1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

WIFI Controllers

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by hadfield43, Jul 30, 2013.

1. hadfield43

hadfield43 LawnSite Member
    from wyoming

Hello,
    I am wanting to put in a controller that uses WIFI. I really like the idea of being able to control my sprinkler from my phone and it being sensitive to what's going on with the weather.

I saw this one on amazon, anyone had any luck with it?

http://www.amazon.com/HydroFLASH-Li...60&sr=8-2&keywords=wifi+irrigation+controller

I like the irrigation caddy but this wont work because it's wired hook into the network (wrong location of the house) and it only has 10 ports.

Thanks

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you need to control your irrigation with your phone? Get a good smart controller.

3. hadfield43

from wyoming

How about for ease of testing?
    How about being able to control it when I am on the road?

In the absense of this, can you recommend one with just a good remote control?

4. hadfield43

from wyoming

oops wrong thread for this reply

5. RSNovi

RSNovi LawnSite Member
    from MI

6. hadfield43

from wyoming

I am leaning to a different controller which is about 150 bucks and has a remote (see separate thread), the main thing for me is remote control to expedite testing. Weather management can be handled with a rain sensor.

Of course it just isn't as cool, but 150 bucks is a lot to spend on "cool" - and not likely going to impress the wife in any case. She already thinks (quite correctly) that I am a total nerd.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You shouldn't need to control your irrigation when on the road. Any controller can be controlled with a universal remote, and some have remotes made specifically for the controller.

8. hadfield43

from wyoming

thanks again

9. hadfield43

from wyoming

I ended up going with a hunter pro-c with expansion modules up to 12 ports - works great. Got the remote, also works well.