1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wikins 975XL 1"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by gobblerhuntr, Jun 21, 2007.

1. gobblerhuntr

gobblerhuntr LawnSite Member

Where is the best place to buy a rebuild kit for this backflow? I'm a newbie here so if this is the wrong place to post this please slap me and direct me to the right place.
  2. gobblerhuntr

Oh yeah the problem is my relief valve won't relieve. Any ideas on maybe just tearing it apart and cleaning or do I need the rebuild kit.
  3. Dennis Spencer

Dennis Spencer LawnSite Member

Give some more info. Are you doing a backflow test, Is this a customer backflow.Should it be dumping.What area in TN.
  4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

There is a concise thread about this problem a few weeks ago. Do a search.
    I can't give you a link...but Google "Bavco"...they are the good backflow parts
    guys..very smart, very smart.
  5. gobblerhuntr

I had a "certified tester" test my bf today and he said that it would not dump outta the relief valve. It is my own bf on my irragation system at my house.
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Take it apart, and reassemble it.
  7. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

So, pay the guy to fix it. If you needed a BF test, then you need a certified tester to do the repair as well. I suppose an internet company will sell you the parts, but I would bet a local supply house won't unless your certified.

FWIW, a complete repair kit w/ relief valve will probably cost as much as a new device.
  8. gobblerhuntr

I'm not the kinda guy to pay somebody to do something I can. So I am gonna tear it apart, not only that I am looking into buying the tester and getting certified to test myself. I have several buddies with irragation systems that haven't gotten the dreaded letter from our water utility yet stating they will have to have this done every year. So they will either split my cost of equipment and certification or pay me to do it for them. They have mostly agreed to split the cost with me. Been looking at the testers, anybody have any suggestions on which bang is worth the most buck.
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Even the testing devices get tested, and certified as accurate, so you get to keep spending money on a testing device, and they cost real money.
  10. gobblerhuntr

Yes as I have found out, but if I can figure out a way to get mine done for nothing that is what I will do. I don't care to go sit in a class a week to get certified as long as it will at least save me some money.