Wild cat vs tiger cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jerry and Sons, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

My dealer is pushing me away from the tiger cub and towards the wild cat. Dealer stated that it is just as good but lighter. What is your opinion?

2. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

the wildcat is not lighter

3. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Is there any other differences pros or cons?

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure what size but here is some weights of the mowers you mentioned:

Cub 1030-1050 48 inch 1120 52 inch

Cat 1100 52 inch 1200- 1210 61 inch.

Not sure of pro or cons but I am looking at the cub for a second z to add to my setup. Am actually trying to demo one sometime soon.

JP

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The wildcat to us bigger engine's, hydro cooler, bigger front tires and frame,the only tiger cub is the 24 honda.

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Get wildcat if I were you. It has better track record at least. The 52" wildcat is really nice and climb some hill good. I know a guy who own like 4 Scag wildcats on his 2 trailers cutting in one huge subdivision in my town.

7. bcmower

bcmower LawnSite Member

if you get the wildcat with a 61 inch deck make sure you get a bigger engine the the 26hp. mine has no balls at all i usually have to turn the blades off when i am going up a hill cause it just wont make it up other then that its a great machine i like it a lot more then the tiger cub.

8. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

The Wildcat is basically the same machine as Cub. Has same frame, pumps, and all. Only difference, like other said already is bigger front casters (smoother ride), hydro cooler, and lager engine size for 52" size. I would get the Wildcat 52" IMO, not much more money over cub. Also, yes it does weight a wee big more than cub.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That don't sound normal.... what's the hours on the engine and the governed RPM?

I have a 25hp Kaw running a full size machine with a 60" deck (3-21" heavy duty blades) and I mow thick tall grass, almost all on some degree of slope WITH the mulch kit installed and I have to push it hard to get under 3600 RPM mowing hard uphill.

10. bcmower

bcmower LawnSite Member

my wildcat has about 150 hours on it and with the blades on its running around 3650-3670 rpms