Wild garlic already!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Nov 1, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I normally mix 80/20 with my 3-way or msm mix. Anyone found that atrazine works as a decent sticker? I've got some extra msm and 3way and will use mixed with atrazine for my last round to clean up any escaping broadleaf weeds.

Just a thought of the thickness of atrazine and the fact that my sprayer gets a white film on it. Thought it might save the mixing and 1 cent/k cost of 80/20 haha.

2. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

For the msm users I'm assuming everyone is getting great control of garlic and broadleafs at the 1/3-1/2 oz per acre rate? Can you tell a difference between the high end and low end?

3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

For susceptible weeds, the higher you go the more soil residual and injury to the grass you get. At 1/4-1/3 oz, most warm season grasses go through it with minimal yellowing or stunting.

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

If I remember correctly .50+ is the rate for garlic. Maybe the rate can be lower if combined with other products as some have suggested?

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I use 1 oz/acre to control summer weeds. My primary targets when used in the summer are Bahiagrass, Virginia Buttonweed and Foxtail. I use .66 oz/ acre in the Fall primarily for wild onion/garlic.

Its been a while since I've read the label but I believe max use rate is 1.33oz/acre.

6. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

.50 in max on centipede which I know you have a lot of, just a reminder.

7. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I picked the wrong quote BTW, meant to use the one from Gmaster.