Wild lawn before and after pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cantoo, Jun 2, 2002.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Before pic of back yard and after pic of side yard. Customer says he can't believe the lawn is that long already, everyone else has been cutting for weeks, he never cut yet. He says to just cut around everything, they will clean it up and to give him a price based on not having to get off the mower as everything will be gone.

lawn2.jpg

2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

So how did you price him for not getting off the mower.

3. scribbles

scribbles LawnSite Member

The property in the 2nd pic looks like a commercial retention pond. I stopped comming to this sight because my waders were'nt long enough. Looks like things have not changed. Russ

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

The idea of "before and after" pictures is to take pictures of the SAME thing preferably from the same angle to show the difference.
    I don't understand the post.

5. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Ugghhh what??? Yea, ok.......good job?

6. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: might be a good idea to kepp the grass on the lawn and out of the street,:confused: :confused:

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

The back yard is 60x 60 and the side yard is 100 x 100 the hill you see is the built up section of the highway. The only reason this area isn't as bad as the back is because the hill is so steep the junk wouldn't stay there. The pic was taken after we had cleaned up the bottles, stones, paper, sticks, underwear, and other ****. My 9 year old daughter took the pics after we had almost finished one side of the house and before we started the other. It's a dead end street so no one would be on it and it made the grass dry up quicker, a few minutes with the blower and it was gone. As for the price it's Can $80 which will go down some if ( big if ) the yard gets cleaned up.

8. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

What are the people in the first photo looking for?car parts they lost years ago,scrap iron,dog chains,rocks,bottles,wire?.My truck dont stop for lawns like that any more.Did they tidy it up?did you mow it?.

9. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I would've put a tractor/slasher through it first. No way I would've
    put a mower in there first.

10. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

hey cantoo the "before pic." is a lawn that i fertilize and i signed him up with a grub app.! lol
    anthony