Lawn Care Forum banner

Wild Onion in the Flower Beds..

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jnjnlc 
#1 ·
This one is odd.. I actually believe that a previous owner may have introduced whild onion in the flower beds (why, I have not a clue.) There is not one stitch of onion in the turf anywhere but the flower beds are riddled. In the midst of a renovation of all the beds and I am planning on light tilling all beds to relieve compaction and I am trying to uproot as much onion as possible prior to tilling. Any other advice you can offer before tilling or mulch?? My materials show that onion is difficult to manage culturally or chemically, but this is my first go 'round with onion.

Thank you

jf

#2 ·
We had a problem like this once. We installed new beds,(topsoil) and planted etc. Next year the beds were full of wild onion(garlic). These were brought in with the topsoil. As far as getting rid of them, we've had good luck with millenium, momentum, roundup, etc. If you've got no plants around them spray away several days before you till.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.