1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wild Snapper in China Shop hastens new purchase

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jimmyj810, Jul 6, 2004.

1. jimmyj810

jimmyj810 LawnSite Member

I just called my dealer and committed to a new Super Z, 52" cut, 24 H.P. Honda mower. I have been looking for about a month now and have come to the following conclusions: ZTM's are a lot like computers, they use basically the same engines, hydraulics, and design. The difference is warranty and gauge thickness of frame and deck. There seems to be only one or two clutch manaufacturers, what you get depends on how heavy duty a mower you want. In this respect once you get past the hyperbole, Hustler seems to come out on top based on hard facts of quality and design.
    The determing factor as to purchase or not was when the cluch cable on my Snapper broke as my wife was riding in the door of my shop for me to tighten a leaking gas line. It was at full throttle and to say the least, it was like a wild bull at the rodeo for about 10 or 15 seconds. I just happened to be standing there and was able to get it in nuetral and shut the key off. She got off "Bodacious" and marched out of the shop saying, go get the Hustler and do it this week. Sometimes a llittle bad luck turns out OK after all. I will keep everyone posted on how my new Hustler performs.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Wow !
    Good thing the mower didn't take anyone out of commission !
    Put that old mower to pasture and let us know how you like your new Hustler