wild violets vs herbicide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Sep 3, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhh violets, northerners scourge.

Keep in mind during the hot and dry of summertime, there isn't a chemical on the market that will even curl violets. Tough suckers they are.

2. jjensen

jjensen LawnSite Member
    Male, from Northern Mn.

Posted via Mobile Device

3. jjensen

jjensen LawnSite Member
    Male, from Northern Mn.

Posted via Mobile DeviceHi DA. I have had great luck spot spraying with crossroads this summer. So far the lawns are still clean. That added Triclopyr really does the job. Started using it once I found out it had a supplement for turf use.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks hadn't heard of that one yet.

I'll bet the fall foliage is really beautiful up your way right now. Wife and I took a trip up north a couple years back in October to do some biking and hiking. Spectacular fall scenery.

5. jjensen

jjensen LawnSite Member
    Male, from Northern Mn.

Posted via Mobile Device

6. jjensen

jjensen LawnSite Member
    Male, from Northern Mn.

Right now the hardwoods are on fire with color. 65-70 this weekend with light winds. The north shore on Lake Superior will be very busy with people coming to see our beautifull area. Just finished with my last round. Very good year considering how dry it was after that 13" of rain in a day and a half. The Turfco XT-5 I got this year at the green expo is working well
    Posted via Mobile Device