Wildcat Vs. Lazer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NORTHMAN, Dec 22, 2007.

1. NORTHMAN

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I''m considering buying a SCAG Wildcat 60" 27 HP Kohler,with Exmark bringing back the Ultracut deck I'd like to look at them also.What Lazer compares to the Wildcat,the Z?How does the Velocity deck compare to the Ultracut?How would you compare SCAG to Exmark?I read on the forum that SCAG was going to discontinue the 27 Kohler,though I haven't been able to confirm this,I don't want the LC Kawasaki.Thanks.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Demo both mowers---Lazer Z 27 Kohler 60" ultra.

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

One discharges small clippings further (exmark) the scag discharges larger clippings in a wider pattern. If you cut alot of high lush grass the scag might be for you. If you like the cut and re cut you should go with the exmark. Between the 2 you are comparing the exmark is better.

4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Why don't you want the LC Kawy?

5. NORTHMAN

from NJ

For me,I can't justify the extra expense and complexity of the LC engines,though I'm sure there good.The reason why I'm interested in the Kohler is the head tech at my dealer thinks alot of them and has a LCO with 2 that are just about at 4000 hrs.

6. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I ask because my dealer wanted $9400 for the LC and $9300 for the 27 Kohler. Another dealer told me the 26 LC were problematic.

7. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the first i heard of The 26 L/C being a problem , I have 400 hrs on my L/C and havent had the first problem . Now my dealer is direct opposite of yours and says Kawi is better than Kohler , i myself havent been a fan of kohler for years . I have run Kawi on all my Scags except the 24 horse honda onthe cub and its no better than the kawi . I havent ran the ultracut so i cant speak anything about it but i can tell you that the high velo deck will cut wet grass better than anything i have ever used . If you cut alot of lawns like i do you cant wait till grass gets completly dry to start cutting . Gamba is the best guy to tell you what a exmark will cut and what it wont , he is the resident exmark gura , he also will tell you what is the best hot tub and sauna is too :)

8. NORTHMAN

from NJ

The tech didn't mention any problems,also was more maint. and when it was out of warranty,more expensive to repair.What kind of problems did you hear?$100 dosen't seem like much of a price difference,I'll stop and price both this week though.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Merry Christmas Chuck:waving:Kiss the faimily for me. Jacuzzi does have some new fun jets:p

10. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Ditto. We added the 60" Lazer w/t 28 Kawi this year with the ultracut. Unstoppable.