Will a 6x10 work..?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Turf Commando, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

As most of you know, I bought a 48'' ferris wb. The question is I plan to expand this year by adding a 60'' ZTR would they both fit on 6x10 trailer ..?

My local dealer said, no problem ! I'd have at least a foot from the gate.
    I see no point in buying a small trailer now to accommodate the ferris when later, I'll add the ZTR ...
    Here's the sizes, I'm interested in ..6x10 or 6x12 single axle any advice is welcomed...Joe
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It will be very close. I would go with the 6x12 if that is an option.
  3. Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

Go with the 6' X 12" for sure!!
  4. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

5. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

I think I would probably look at some 7' wide trailers. With a 6' trailer and a 60" mower that only leaves you 6 inches on each side.
  6. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

I get a 52in stander and 36 quick on a 6x10. Tight but works out really well!
  7. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

After seeing that pic a 6x10 is way to short, 6x12 definitely, nice equipment smcunningham appreciate the visual pic clears things up for me....Joe
  8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing smaller than a 6x12. When I bought my 6 x 12 enclosed I already knew it would be a tight fit for 2008. A bigger trailer than 6 x 12 will force me to buy a bigger vechicle and a whole list of other issues like vehicle debt which I don't want to service unless I have really healthy cash flow this year.

9. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

get the 6.5x12, thats the size trailer i have and i can barely get my 61" toro and my 36" toro wb on it, it fills it from front to back with about 3in to spare and my mowers are constanly bumping into each other and it has warn all the paint of both mowers its not good.
  10. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Not a problem....that 6-1/2 x 12' got real over crowed...so april of last year I got a 6-1/2 x 16'.....guess what? thats over crowed now.......before the 6-1/2 x 12' I had a 6-1/2 x 10' and before that I had a 5x8'......................................What I'm getting @ is plan for growth if you have the $. As you see I did'nt:laugh: