1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Will a belt drive pull a Proslide???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfmgr, Jan 31, 2005.

1. turfmgr

turfmgr LawnSite Member

not much response from my last thread, but im gonna ask again. 17hp Kaw. belt drive Exmark Metro, weight=195, will a proslide work or should i stick with the velke???
  2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I myself would stick with the sulky or velke. We have a swivel sulky that the guys love. The belts might wear quicker and you get to a a small incline she might just not pull it up there is so much more resistance.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

the proslide has very little resistance, you may need to kick off skateboard style but shouldnt have any problems
  4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it will. I have the pro slide on 17 kaw 52 inch lesco and it works fine. I wiegh just about 230 or so. Only down side I have found with the proslide is that I go thru two friction plates a season. Each plate is thirty dollars plus shipping and handling.
  5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We had a Proslide on a Snapper 36" BD all last season until I sold it in the fall. It pulled me(240#) fine,my brother at 250#, and other helper at 225#, and left a really awesome stripe. The only reason I got rid of that 36" was b/c it was 5 years old and belt drive. I am thinking of getting another 36" this spring, but I'm waiting for a demo on the new 32" Stander first :D