Will a cheetah fit in a box truck side ways?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caseysmowing, Mar 12, 2013.

1. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Most box trucks I have seen are 96in on the inside. On paper the cheetah should fit but want to know if anyone has done so. I think the cheetah is 85 or 86 inches long.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You would need to measure the mower from corner to corner. I bet you just lost that precious 10 inches of real estate.

3. caseysmowing

TTT
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. orangemower

from pa

Didn't you see my post? You're asking someone to tell you if it will work. Why not go out and lay a couple of boards on the ground at the specific size then see if the mower will fit. Nobody will be able to tell you if it will fit.

5. caseysmowing

I have the deck off to put on a stripper and clean and wax right now. Yes someone could tell me if they had a cheetah and box truck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. orangemower

from pa

How do you know for sure if all you're doing is guessing at a width of 96"? What if they say yes I have a Cheetah and a box truck and it fits. The box is 105" wide? Obviously you don't have a box truck so what makes you think they'll all be the same?

Again, why not just measure the mower at it's farthest angle corner to corner and you'll know right away. Deck doesn't have to be on to do that.

7. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see me fooling with, much less trying to fit, some wild African cat in my truck, but thanks for asking, I'll pass.

8. caseysmowing

I'll measure when I get home. There's a cougar in my car. Ricky Bobby!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

a squared + b squared = c squared. Pythagorean theorem says it's close. Just rounding the numbers to a 4 foot front track width from the right rear tire to the left front tire and a 7 ft length puts you a tiny bit over 8 ft at the toughest angle. I vote close but yes - swinging to the left only

10. Green Mtn. Guy

Green Mtn. Guy LawnSite Member

Anyway I could get a measurement for the height of the gas cap from the floor? Trying to figure out rack placement in a enclosed trailer. Mower not here yet.