Will a kawasaki 27 hp water cooled fit on my turf tiger that came with a kohler 25 hp

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by saleen1996, Feb 26, 2013.

1. saleen1996

saleen1996 LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Will a kawasaki 27 hp water cooled fit on my turf tiger that came with a kohler 25 hp air cooled? Reason Im asking the kohler blew up and found a new kawasaki motor cheaper. Any advise on what motor to repower the mower with and best place to buy one is appreciated! Exploring all options before I buy a engine. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That will require lots of fabrication to make it work:waving:

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

what year tt, better yet what does the s/n start with?

A new harness is less than $200. Make sure engine comes with the radiator and fuel pump.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. saleen1996

from Atlanta

I will get the s/n I can't remember it. It comes with radiator. I will also check on the fuel pump as well. I couldn't find the Deminsions of the engine anywhere.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. saleen1996

from Atlanta

The S/N is 7730646 sorry it took so long to get back with it
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. djagusch

from MN

I would print out the parts list from scag's website for the year. See whats different. It's a 2002 model and did come with a 27" Kawi option. So I would say wire harness, check pulley sizes, temp gauge, maybe a mount plate. Got a big snow storm coming tonight so I can't do the leg work there but it's simple to check out.

8. saleen1996

from Atlanta

Thanks for all the help! I will check and see what all I need! The mount plate for gauge is already there and cut out for the temp.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. djagusch

from MN

For some reason I think there is different mount plates for the engine but I could be wrong. Could be spacers etc, IDK.

10. saleen1996

from Atlanta

Oh I was talking about the mounting plate for the gauges. I will check on that too. What would you repower the mower with?
    Posted via Mobile Device