Will a local company deliver asphalt if they aren't doing the actual work??

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by bigslick7878, Apr 17, 2012.

1. bigslick7878

bigslick7878 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer who needs a new section of asphalt put in, but it is pretty small and she can't get anyone to do it.....or even come look at it for that matter.

I have done it in small doses with bags before but this job would require about a 100 of them, costing $1000. I know it has to be MUCH cheaper if a company would just liver the asphalt to me already mixed.

Do asphalt companies (generally speaking) do that or what??

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Go pick it up yourself if you have a dump trailer.

3. bigslick7878

bigslick7878 LawnSite Senior Member

If I knew where to get it I would!

Any ideas?

I live in MD, we have LaFarge but they do massive roads and I doubt I could roll up there and pick up $500 worth of asphalt. Matter of fact most of the google results I get are massive companies that do that type of stuff, not small jobs like the one I need it for.

4. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

I have another small job in towson area to do with week, and will be in hunt valley today for a meeting. email me the address and i will take a look at it salsllc@gmail.com. we are happy to help out.

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Lafarge sells by the ton , they should load a dump trailer , they load 1 tons . The only problem is the silo is high up , they dont like to clean up what spills . Reliable plant in crofton will deliver , Lafarge may also , give them a call ,