Will a suspension seat make a huge ...

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lnghrns, Jul 9, 2004.

1. lnghrns

lnghrns LawnSite Member

difference in ride quality? I am demo-ing a Mini Hustler this weekend. Tried it out on a small patch of turf and it mows great.

I do have some fairly rough terrain (pine tree roots, crawfish mounds, and yard has not generally been taken care of -- ruts)

With any speed at all the mower is beating me to death. Will the suspension seat help and/or is it available for the MiniZ as an add-on.

I know the Super Mini comes std w/it but I need to keep the mower width to 52" - 60" is too wide!!

2. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

I had the suspension seat added to my full size Z and I would not buy another one without it. Keep in mind that it is not a miracle seat. While it takes care of you in the rough stuff the mower is still bouncing and if the mower is bouncing then the cut suffers. Sometimes you just have to slow down.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You could add it to the Mini Z, your dealer would have to work the price out for you.
    I would just look at the Super Mini Z, they come in the same exact deck sizes as the Mini Z, 44" and 52".
    The pricing is going to be pretty close after you add the suspension seat to the Mini Z.

Pj

4. lnghrns

lnghrns LawnSite Member

Thx guys,
    Will get w/dealer today and see about getting a Super Mini. I can't speak highly enough about this mowers ability.

Had a great demo experience- dealer let me pick it up and keep as long as I needed. Only took a few passes in the grass to decide this was what I needed. Scag folks had to bring theirs by and mow for you (as they did not have a demo per-se). Ferris tried their hand at it but the deck was not set right and it mowed probably an inch low on the right side.

Anyway, going to try to get one ordered this week - have it for this weekends mow - can't wait!!

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cruising on a new Hustler by the weekend!
    Sounds great!

Pj