1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Will a website bring deluge of unwanted sales calls ?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Mgardner, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Just about ready to publish our new website with GoDaddy. I`m hesitating to put cell phone on site for contact # because I don`t wat to spend busy mornings getting sales calls and marketing BS .How do you deal with that and are my suspicions warranted ?? Someone metioned they thought website was as good as direct mail . Wow ,if that`s the case I can expect a lot of work from this "search engine maximizer" ?? Thanks in advance !!

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a contract page you will some emails. I have an office phone/answering service.When they call most of the time will hang up.

3. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Just saying I`m leary because we already get way too many calls form sales and national "federal contracting corp" on busy mornings. Curious about an answering service. Could be key.

4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Unless the new website is part of a larger marketing campaign, I think it's unlikely that you're going to get swamped with lead calls. As for B2B cold callers trying to get you to buy something, sure, you'll get some. And it varies by time of year (right now seems to be a big sales push for telemarketers aimed at small biz). But it's not that crazy. If it's an out of area number I don't recognize, it goes to voicemail. It's not that huge a deal.

5. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

+1

we have a lot of transplants in this area that keep their area code for their cell phones, so i used to pick up most all calls (never 800 etc tho,) but since the website got popular i let em roll. get 2 or 3 b2b a day.

i figure the serious potential customers will leave a message.

6. LawnDeveloper

LawnDeveloper LawnSite Member

Yea it will bring a deluge of sales calls just like anything you setup for your business. Sales guys get these "new leads" all the time. But if you mean new business probably not you would need Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to bring in new business for your website. Maybe look into Google Plus Local you can set a page up their link to your website provide a phone number, etc then you'll start showing up in the search engines for local lawn care keywords. But maybe I'm jumping the gun, here.

7. jonthepain

from Raleigh

8. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I need to look into a service for sure.

9. jonthepain

from Raleigh

i'll pm you the name of my guy if you want. i've been #1 for all my keywords for the last 3 years.

don't know what he does, but it works.

10. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Yes I have paid for the search engine optimizer through go daddy. I have had the domain name for 12 years and shut it down several years ago. I got clear out of the yellow pages a good 7 years ago and and everything has been by referral. But these last couple years have been too slow .