Will an echo gear head fit a Husqvarna trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ARdeerhunter, May 17, 2007.

1. ARdeerhunter

ARdeerhunter LawnSite Member

Anyone know?

2. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know, but I have put one on my Tanaka and a Kaw, so that I could use the Edgit. I assume that's what you wanted to do?

I've tried every combo, I still think the Edgit works best on an Echo 260.

3. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

You will need to check the shaft sizes. Call some shops (Echo & Husky) or the factorys to see what mm size shaft they use for your model..

I assuming your talking about the gear head and not the trimmer head.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Why does it work best on Echo? Isn't the edgit heavy on the end? How much trimming do you do a day with the thing?

5. naturescape

Last question first - a LOT. I'm solo, so I'm out mowing too, but I'd say on average I trim about 15 lawns a day, probably about 3500 sq ft. lots on average. And I'm not Herculean! -- I'm 5'7", 145 lbs.

It bolts right up to the Echo gearbox, and the 260 Echo has so much power it works perfectly with the Edgit.

The Edgit, with the Echo 260, seems to actually BALANCE the trimmer -- it feels perfect!

I've tried the Edgit, with the Echo gearbox, on my Tanaka 230 and on a Kaw KGT27A. The Echo wins hands down.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I can't image what the purpose of this device is.......you can get a perfect edge with the regular head and it definitly is lighter and we can cut a 22" width with guards off. Don't see any of those in our area and definitely not on the commericial jobs.

7. naturescape

You really have to try one to see how amazing it is. And it takes a couple hours to get used to it.

For one thing, it's SAFER with the Edgit on. Also, when edging, the weight of the trimmer is on the ground. I would NOT want to do all the edging I do with it just holding it! And when edging with the Edgit, you almost don't even have to watch what you're doing. It's like magic!

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It is the trimming part that bothers me....with the edgit..just can't cut enough with one pass.

9. naturescape

Why not? I often cut about a 2' path. The edgit won't keep you from letting line out.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

But you would have to snip off the mass excess before edging the next thing rolling the edgit on the ground right?

What's the diameter of the edgit anyways?