Will anybody go in on Clip?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Josh.S, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been speaking to the people at Clip regarding pricing. I spoke to Tina Dennis (TinaD@clip.com), and came up with this pricing.

Below are the prices for qClip 2007 Unlimited. This would be the version that can connect to quickbooks and you can add unlimited customers.

One version of qClip 2007 Classic Unlimited is $895. It is an extra $200 for each additional company that goes on the transaction. So if somebody went in with me, we could get qClip for $1095, then divide that two ways (547.5 + tax). If two people went in with me it would be $1295, then divided three ways (431.66 + tax). She said it would cost $1395 for 5 company's, which would be $279 each plus tax.

I didn't know if anybody would be interested in going in with me so we could get this software for cheap, I spoke with the representative after she e-mailed me this information to make sure I understood correctly. We could set up some type of escrow service is trust is an issue. I just can't see paying 900 for a piece of software, but under 600 would be reasonable.

Please respond to this if you are interested, if several of us went in on it I think we could all benefit.

- Josh
  2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you want clip?
  3. Josh.S

All the features it has, I have no routing system so I'm just making routes out of my head and pasting addresses into a excel spread sheet. It's a pain, I need a system that will make routes because the bigger I (and everybody else) that kind of thing will be a bigger and bigger headache. Plus I like the job costing features and I might consider buying the credit card module next year. It has a TON of feature I (and many others) find useful. I'm only using quickbooks pro right now.
  4. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, I just finished spending $800.00 for qClip Classic.

Had no clue they did this.

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

There are other programs out there for 1/2 the price of CLIP that do almost exactly the same.
  6. "Ground Control"

"Ground Control" LawnSite Member

Yea....i just bought clip too....i would have definately done this about 2 months ago.
  7. Josh.S

Are there anything that will integrate with quickbooks? The only other I have found that is even half way decent is QXPRESS but for the version I need is still over $800. I am open minded but I have tried, gopher, lawnpro, groudkeeper pro, and maybe one more and none of them compared to clip. I haven't tried qxpress but they look really good. Realgreen also looks good but over twice what clip costs.
  8. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I use Gopher and I transfered over my customer list and all my invoicing that I had out.

Its a relatively easy program to learn and does scheduling also.

I dont know how big your company is but IMO Gopher can handle small to medium size companies.

CLIP is a great program but overpriced.
  9. Laurentian

Laurentian LawnSite Member

I was talking to Tina and like you have trouble paying $900 for scheduling software I can do with outlook. Of couse clip is better. Let me know if your still want to do it and can I call Tina about this because I want my own copy seperated from your account.
  10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

For those of you considering clip I would check out the link listed above. I have heard the same stuff from a local competitor and friend. Always having to pay for the new version after they finally get the old one working correctly. The new ones are problematic they don't support the old ones etc.

I'm not a computer guy and I don't know all the problems but I do know this. The guy I know does 3-4 mill a year in volume, is the high end provider, his trucks are always over sized with diamond plate and chrome everywhere. In short the guy does not hesitate to spend money. He was always complaining about how they have him by the short hairs with all their additional costs to keep the thing current. This was a couple of years ago and clip was one of the only ones available. He has probably switched by now but the link above reminded me a lot of our conversation when I asked him about clip because I was considering getting it.

The other thing is he had 3 women in the office plus the division supervisors feeding data into this thing. I have worked in a company that does that volume and one office person full time and a part timer for filing was sufficient to handle that volume. I looked around and it just didn't make financial sense.