will dimension do anything

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, Apr 27, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

would dimension do anything for me now? i have 4 very late signers, and would like to start the program this week. would it be completely useless to use dimension now? we've had temps ranging from 45-85 degrees the last couple of weeks. i understand i'll need to follow up with spot sprays. should i even bother applying the dimension? thanks

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I would still apply. Crabgrass does not just germinate in the spring plus there are numerous other PITA grassy weeds that germinate at higher temperatures. It will continue until the first hard freeze. You can take care of anything that makes it or is already up with a post emergent. Dimension is suppose to have some post emergent control (up to 2 or 4 tiller I believe). Remember to price accordingly for possible control measures on the stuff that might already be growing.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

put it down now and water it in go at the heavier rate u should be fine with only a little break through with some luck

4. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

I was late to apply this year, usually apply in January. Applied a month late, crabgrass was already emerging. Haven't seen any crabgrass lately, it died a slow death with Dimension. I also started another account a couple of weeks ago and hit it with Trimec Plus, now there's a bunch of bare spots where the crabgrass was coming in thick. Client claimed this was the first year the lawn looked bad, I thought to myself yeah right.