Will give it a try

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ground Effects NH, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I use my slide on my TTHP 48" 17 Kawi with no problems. It depends also on how much you weigh also but I really don't see any real problem, unless your really heavy. The weight kit from Exmark helps to keep the front end down.Good luck, give it a try, it's pretty simple to install.

3. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Thats my problem, my weight 260# 6'4"

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy, I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley. LOL. Seriously, there is probally some big guys on here using slides, maybe one of them can help you better than me. The only thing I can tell you is to try it and see for yourself how it works. You could also try a search on proslides here and see what you come up with. Good luck and sorry I wasn't much help.

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats why I elected not to go with a pro slide. I am 6'2 and go close to 280lbs. I just couldnt see how I wouldnt tear up yards on that thing. I went with jungle wheels instead and have had great luck.

Latter this season if you get a chance, PM me and let me know how it works for you. Maybe Ill give it a chance.

6. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

I am 6'4 300lbs and use the 2 wheel velky and jungle wheels. On a 16 hp twin 52" hydro and 14hp "for now" 48"hydro they pull me pretty good. I like the idea of the pro slide and the single velky worked great for on of my employees "125lbs soaking wet" a few years back. The 2 wheel velky and jungle wheels kind of dance around more than the proslide probably would, and I know for sure they dance more than a single wheel velky. But they will support your weight without bogging the motor much. But thats my take on it, try a good 2 wheel velky or jungle wheels. I think the velky rides about an lower to the ground so you wont be bending over that much to reach the bars.

why not build a stipping roller velky-kill 2 birds with on stone.