will i be able to use my echo 210 again?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lawnwizards, Apr 15, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i got an echo srm 210 trimmer. worked just fine last year. i guess over the winter the piston seized and now when you pull the starter rope, well lets just say there isn't any pulling the starter rope.. i took the rope off and busted loose the piston with a wrench. now it turns but still not with the wrench.. is there something i can squirt on the piston to loosen it up or is my machine now garbage... i guess what i'm trying to ask is can you unseize a motor and use it again??? thanks for the replies..

randy

2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Pistons just don't "seize over the winter"

Something happened and depending upon what that "something" is you might have a chance. Is there scoring on the piston or cylinder? You might take it back to your dealer if it is still under warranty or even close. Echo is really good about warranty issues as they have done me several "favors" throughout the years.

Good luck!

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Try Fluid Film..you can get a free sample sent to you right away..do a search in here..the thread is somewhere.I really like it.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Boy I agree with thirdday a unit don't sieze up justing sitting on the shelf. Take the starter assembly off and be sure it operates freely. If it is siezed you can put 2 cycle oil in spark hole and turn it until it seems free. If you are mechanical you can take the head off and polish out any scouring that the rings have made but only very very light polish. I have got siezed units to restart every time but I caught them immediately after they seized. Good luck.

5. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

I have experienced a similar problem with a customer who had an Echo PB210 blower. He apparently stored it in a position which allowed fuel to seep into the cylinder and was locked basically due to gasoline varnish in the rings and cylinder, I poured Sea Foam into the cylinder through the spark plug hole and let it set over night. I replaced the plug, fuel filter and fuel. It started just as if nothing happened.

If it was running the last time you used it before storage, I would think that the above scenario is possible. If you still have problems, pull the muffler and check for cylinder/piston scoring. At the same time check the spark screen in the muffler as well as cvarbon buildup in the exhaust port of the engine block.

Dutch

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

If the unit is not under warranty, dissassemble the shrouds, then remove the cylinder. Inspect and replace the cylinder/piston if damage is present.

7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i think that may be what happened because it was running fine when i stored it and now it doesn't... its about 3 years old so its out of warranty.. thanks for all your guys help.