Will it fit in a Ford Ranger bed?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kennybob, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Kennybob

Kennybob LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have roughly 39 inches of space between the wheels in the bed of my ranger, will a 36" walk behind fit allright? Anyone else with rangers that have pictures?

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

It will fit perfectly fine. Just be sure to fold up the side deflector and be carful when loading it in. You'll be fine.

3. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I would buy a trailer. Sooner or later you will get hurt if you are using a ramp to load the mower on the back of pickup. Sometimes my Exmark 36" walkbehind gets away from me when putting it on the trailer if I'm not careful.

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Yes get a trailer. Getting a w/b in and out of a truck bed can be dangerous. You would need some serious ramps and that are wide and very long.

5. Kennybob

Kennybob LawnSite Member
    from NJ

How about length wise? And the point where the end of the ramps meets the tailgate, do you have any problems with the mower getting wedged from underneath?

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The angle of the ramps are going to be so steep that you will likely have to wheelie the WB at the top to keep deck from dragging. I would get a trailer. No way in hell would I put my 667 pound WB (Without TruTrac) in a truck using ramps. Taking it out of the truck will probably be a tougher thing the loading it, I can just see the deck catching on ramps and the entire mower crashing to the ground.

7. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

There was a guy on here that had pics of a bi-fold expanded metal gate that replaced the tailgate on his ranger. He put trimmer racks on the truck too.Look around you might find the thread , it was a neat setup. Also I agree, trying to run around loading and unloading with movable ramps, sooner or later there will be an accident. Trailer makes it so much easier.

8. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't picture walking a 36'' up ramps let alone my 450lb:weightlifter: ferris ....

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

For a Ranger, the ramps should be about 8 feet long. They'll stick out above the tailgate but it's a lot safer than making them too short. When ramps are the right length, they are fairly safe and easy to use.

Oh yeah, the 36 will fit in there just fine.

10. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure, fits no problem :)

quick%20n%20proline%20ranger.jpg