1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

will it help?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Jan 26, 2011.

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

with the 2 days of -12 degree temps we had our furnace decided to temporarily quit working. i know the problem, despite the anti gel stuff we mixed with the oil it still gelled up thick enough to not flow. the oil co tech that came out said we need to keep the tank free of ice n snow. (can anyone guess where this is headed) i can only think of one sure fire way to keep the ice n snow from sticking:weightlifter: now remembering to go brush it off is another story:laugh:

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Man....you're like the MacGyver of Fluid Film!!! :laugh:

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

if i ever get the ice out of my gutters i'm tempted to ff the inside of them, we got ice problems that are starting to turn into leak problems :(
  4. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Another awesome use for ff, what will be next LOL, that gutter idea sounds pretty sweet, I want to see if ti works now, it has been warm here lately and all the snow melted, I should go fluid film my gutters since we are preobaly going to get one final storm.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Whoa Whoa Whoa...disclaimer time!

****If applying fluid film to gutters do not get it on your ladder or on roof shingles as you WILL fall slip and fall causing serious injury or death!****
  6. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

That bites. Fortunately when we built our house in 96, we put the heating oil tank in the basement so it's always nice and warm...and easy maintenance. I feel for those that have to have their tank outdoors in bitter cold.

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

nice one! we aint had a good disclaimer in a while:laugh:

every year on the news there's at least one story where the oil guy unknowingly pumped the basement full of a few hundred gallons of oil because the homeowner took the tank out but never removed the filler neck;)

with the ice storms i wasn't able to get back there to check on it til recently so i can't say if it's helping but i can say the ff sure is sticking around:cool2:

8. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

"The MacGyver of Fluid Film." That is classic and it fits! Skynyrd is a Fluid Film legend!

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

shucks:eek: autographs range in price, pm me for details[​IMG]
  10. JoyofFluidFilm

JoyofFluidFilm LawnSite Senior Member

ooh, can i get an autograph? Nice pics!!! :cool2: