1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Will Milorganite Keep Geese away?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robert payer, Jul 22, 2002.

1. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

We have a customer who lives a few houses from a lake. He has geese coming into his yard. I have been asked to try stop these unwanted pests. I read most threads on geese. Flight Control was said to work well but is expensive. Stringing twine on border seems logical in that Geese will not step over anything, but a liability issue comes up if someone should trip. I am thinking that since Milorganite (Human processed sewage) works to deter Deer and rabbits, how about Geese?
    Garlic cloves on border?

What do you think?

I have read all the posts about BB rifles, shot guns, heavy surpus artillery and alka-seltzer treats also. All this humor has been enjoyed, I am hoping for some pratical solutions.
  2. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

Tell them to go down to the local animal shelter and adopt the most active dog they can find. I live on a river and believe me its the only effective means of control.
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Milorginite is a combination of digested cheese, bratwurst and beer from the Milwaukee Metro Sewage district.

I can imagine that that would keep anything away1:D